The Center for Transportation Research would like to invite our graduate students and professional or faculty researchers to present a technical poster at the Center for Transportation Research’s Annual Symposium, which will be held Wednesday, April 19th, 2023 at the PRC Commons, Austin, Texas.
This is a great opportunity to show your research progress to professional transportation planners and engineers and let them know how the research findings could help their agency, particularly at the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
- When: April 19, 2023
- Where: The Pickle Research Campus, Commons (PRC). 10100 Burnet Road, Bldg. 137, Austin, Texas
- What to present: In-progress or recently completed transportation research projects, conducted at the University of Texas at Austin
- Who may present: University of Texas at Austin faculty and professional researchers and graduate students who are working on transportation engineering or other research of interest to TxDOT
- How to apply: Submit a summary of your proposed poster (150 words or less) and a working draft of your poster as an 18″ x 24″ PDF file. You can upload your poster PDF through the registration/application form. Since the Poster Review Committee will examine this PDF file during the selection process, please ensure the resolution is sufficient for viewing portions of your poster with Adobe Acrobat Pro using the zoom feature.
Space is limited for this popular event; please register before the deadline.
The purpose of the Poster Session is to highlight transportation research conducted through the Center for Transportation Research at The University of Texas at Austin. All posters must conform in both branding and size to the poster template provided by the Center for Transportation Research.
- Researchers who are creating a new poster or are interested in revamping their TRB poster should gear Symposium posters towards practitioners rather than academics.
- Posters must use the current CTR Poster template. Final Posters must be 36″ tall and a maximum of 72″ wide to ensure uniformity. See the CTR Staff wiki for information on poster printing.
- Interactive elements are encouraged. The deadline for arranging accommodations such as a table and extension cord is April 1, 2022.
- After submitting your poster session proposal, if you would like to provide additional information regarding the value of your research to TxDOT or have questions regarding the timeline for turning in posters, please email Administrative Associate Robert Farmer at email@example.com.
- For all accepted posters, please turn in the final printed poster (after announcement of acceptance) by COB.
- Poster information will be included on Symposium press releases and printed materials prior to the event.
- Posters will be set up for display by 8 AM on the morning of the Symposium.
- Presentation time TBA.
If an electronic file of a poster about TxDOT-sponsored research has been approved by TxDOT project managers, it may also be submitted to the TxDOT Research Library for inclusion in the library’s catalog.