CTR Library catalog upgrade on the horizon
- Federated search: When performing a Quick Search, your result options include the library catalog as well as the option to view results from the CTR website, state department of transportation websites, and TRB’s TRID—the TRIS and ITRD Databases.
- Abstract snippets: Similar to Google’s search results, a snippet of the abstract where your search terms appear will be included in the search results, highlighting your search terms.
- Faceted search: After performing your initial search in the library catalog, you will have several options to refine your search.
- Cart: Select and add specific publications to your virtual cart then continue searching until you’ve compiled all of the publications you need. You can easily email, download, or print selections from your cart.
- RSS Feeds and Alerts: Turn any of your searches into an RSS feed or email alert so you’ll know when new items are available that meet your research interests.
Beta testing of the new catalog is due to begin in November with the final rollout to be implemented in the spring of 2014.
January 2014 update: The BETA version of the library’s Presto catalog is available for use at http://library.ctr.utexas.edu/Presto/ Please try it out and let use know what you think, including if you notice any bugs or have suggestions.