Research, Education Blend for Transportation Engineering Students

Even though it’s hot here, a lot of students still think Austin, Texas, is the coolest place to be. Ambarish Banerjee loves the heat.“I like Austin and Texas in general,” said Banerjee, who works with transportation associate professor Jorge Prozzi on asphalt emulsions as part of the program at the Center for Transportation Research (CTR). He is here from Kolkata, India, a country he admits is hot and humid. “I like the summers in Texas very much. I know many people won’t agree with me!”

At UT CAEE, research and education go together like Austin summers and tubing on the river. The graduate students who participate in CTR’s research program exemplify this. Each year, more than 100 undergraduate and graduate students work with transportation faculty, professional researchers at CTR, and program sponsors like the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to research real-world transportation issues. They are expanding transportation knowledge in a world hungry for ideas on how to reduce congestion, increase energy efficiency, improve transit safety, and plan complex systems that move goods and people around the world.

Read more on the CAEE Website:

Posted by clair  |  Category : News