Day 1 | Day 2
DAY 1: Texas Mobility Summit
8:00 AM BREAKFAST
9:00 AM Welcome & Introductions
- Shelley Row – President & CEO, Shelley Row Associates
- Commissioner Laura Ryan – Texas Transportation Commission
9:30 AM Shifting the Mobility Paradigm: The Public Policy Perspective
- Moderator: Evan Smith – CEO & Co-Founder, The Texas Tribune
Mayor Sylvester Turner – City of Houston
Judge Ed Emmett – Harris County
Senator Sylvia Garcia – District 6, Texas Legislature
Mayor Steve Adler – City of Austin
10:30 AM BREAK
10:45 AM Workshop #1, Idea Exchange: Progress Updates & Next Steps
- Participants interact with each other – providing a progress update, sharing upcoming plans, and discussing ongoing challenges. Participants work to align local, regional, and state investments to meet shared goals to advance the Proving Grounds and data sharing opportunities.
12:00 PM LUNCH
- Keynote: Marcy Klevorn – EVP & President of Mobility, Ford Motor Company
1:15 PM Workshop #2, Team Time: Connected Corridor Development
- Teams will take the next steps in advancing the Texas Proving Grounds: 1) Defining objectives, 2) Designating candidate corridor testing environments, 3) Identifying technology needs and deployment opportunities for prioritized use cases, 4) Describing regulatory and policy challenges, and 5) Aligning planned investments and securing partners.
2:30 PM BREAK
2:45 PM Workshop #3, Team Time: Data Enterprise & Essentials
- Teams will make progress in developing data-driven solutions: 1) Identifying specific use cases, 2) Performing a gap analysis in existing and needed data, 3) Identifying data sharing partnerships, and 4) Making recommendations for a systematic and sustainable data ecosystem.
4:00 PM Report Out & Closing Remarks
- Tom Lambert – President & CEO, Houston METRO
- Darran Anderson – Director of Strategy & Innovation, TxDOT
4:30 PM BREAK
4:45 PM Leadership Team Meeting
- Facilitator: Shelley Row – President & CEO, Shelley Row Associates
Team Leads and selected representatives work together to build consensus around a vision for the Texas Proving Grounds, form the basis for a Texas Mobility Data Clearinghouse, and guide the activities of the Texas Innovation Alliance.
5:45 PM ADJOURN
6:00 PM RECEPTION (Open to All)
- Participants have the opportunity to connect with one another.