RTI has issued new guidelines and templates for use in research proposals (including Implementations). These guidelines are available in the current release of the RTI Research Manual . RTI has also issued a University Handbook which, among other great information, outlines specific guidelines for use in composing a research proposal using the required documents below.
The documents listed below are required for every formal response to an RFP, including sole source. If a formal response omits required information, it is deemed non-responsive and will not be accepted for technical evaluation. RTI Main will issue a proposal due date upon release of the RFP. That submittal deadline date must be met, or the proposal will be rejected. This pertains to sole source proposals, also.
- Cover Page (if omitted, proposal will be deemed non-responsive)
- Exhibit A, Itemized Budget
- Exhibit B, Project Description
- Project Abstract
- Implementation (optional section)
- Work Plan (if omitted, proposal will be deemed non-responsive)
- Identification of Information Technology (IT) Deliverables to TxDOT
- Assistance or Involvement by TxDOT
- Deliverables Table (if omitted, proposal will be deemed non-responsive)
- Schedule of Research Activities (if omitted, proposal will be deemed non- responsive)
- Background and Significance of Work
- Research Staff and Facilities (if omitted, proposal will be deemed non-responsive)
If additional information is required for a specific project, that additional requirement will be stated in the Project Statement or Implementation Project Recommendation distributed in the RFP.
The Background and Significance of Work is no longer a part of Exhibit B (which includes the Work Plan). This file is treated as a separate document of no more than 10 pages in length, and its information is used only during the evaluation of the proposal.
CTR/Contracts will issue the current templates directly to the RS or upon request.
RTI has issued updated guidelines for modifications, as discussed in the University Handbook.