CTR Library contains all reports published by the Center and serves as an official depository of the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Research Program. The entire collection also contains an additional 17,000+ titles of other transportation-related research from different agencies (FHWA, AASHTO, TRB, state-level transportation agencies, City of Austin, SWUTC, and more) for a total collection containing more than 30,000 print volumes. Open access full-text links are provided for nearly 50% of the collection.
Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
(excluding UT holidays)
CTR Library services and resources are available to students, researchers, agencies, and the public. Visit our Library Services FAQ page for more information.
Library services are available at no charge.
- Reference service: We have subscription access to many highly regarded research databases and strive to stay informed about transportation research and library technologies. If we don’t have the resources that will best answer your question, we’ll find someone who does.
- Literature searches: Save time by letting our skilled, experienced staff efficiently search a variety of research databases for the literature that is most useful to your project. We are happy to provide instruction to students who need to complete their own literature searches.
- Article delivery: Send us citations of the articles you need and we will deliver PDF copies to you (subject to copyright fair use and licensing restrictions).
- Lending: Materials circulation is limited to current TxDOT employees, CAMPO staff, and UT faculty, staff, and students. Other libraries may contact the Library Manager regarding Interlibrary Loans.
- Research Digest: Our monthly digest highlights new electronic publications from TxDOT, TRB, the SWUTC, and other states’ DOTs on a rotating basis; it is geared towards TxDOT engineers and researchers.
- Transportation News Aggregator: This news aggregator highlights web feeds that keep you informed daily about federal, state, and local transportation issues.
- New Publications Alerts: RSS feed options will keep you up-to-date on the newest print and electronic publications added to the CTR Library.
- Digitization of TxDOT Research Publications: The library has digitized over 1,500 archived reports from TxDOT research and hosts the PDFs to provide online access to researchers around the world.
- EID-access computer: One computer is available to allow guest access to the UT institutional subscriptions to electronic journals and databases. EID required.
See the Library Services FAQ page for more information.