Announcing New Faculty Members, Research Areas at CTR
A diverse group of CAEE faculty is joining CTR. We are excited about this opportunity to expand our center’s knowledge base and research offerings. Our new faculty members are Brady Cox, Chadi El Mohtar, Robert Gilbert, Spyros Kinnas, Lance Manuel, Jorge Prozzi, Ellen Rathje, Kenneth Stokoe, John Tassoulas, and Jorge Zornberg. Of course, CTR has an extensive history with many of these researchers, given the overlap between their fields and transportation issues. The staff here looks forward to working closely with the other faculty members as well. We will be providing full administrative support for their research projects. Following is a list of these researchers’ areas of interest.
- Brady Cox: Geotechnical Engineering
- Chadi El Mohtar: Geotechnical Engineering
- Robert Gilbert: Geotechnical Engineering
- Spyros Kinnas: Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
- Lance Manuel: Mechanics, Uncertainty and Simulation in Engineering
- Jorge Prozzi: Infrastructure Materials Engineering
- Ellen Rathje: Geotechnical Engineering
- Kenneth Stokoe: Geotechnical Engineering
- John Tassoulas: Mechanics, Uncertainty and Simulation in Engineering
- Jorge Zornberg: Geotechnical Engineering
Last year we welcomed to the fold the researchers comprising LIME (the Laboratory for Infrastructure Materials Engineering): Director Kevin Folliard, Raissa Ferron, Maria Juenger, and David Fowler. LIME’s mission is to advance the state of the art in construction materials technology and concrete durability through research and development. Thus, their initiatives are also complementary to CTR’s research programs. We have a long-standing relationship with these experts in infrastructure materials engineering and find our project offerings are only enriched by our collaborations.