CTR Researchers Honored by WTS
At today’s meeting of the Women’s Transportation Seminar: Heart of Texas Chapter (WTS:HOT), two CTR researchers received awards from the organization. Faculty researcher Dr. Kara Kockelman was awarded a one-year honorary membership in WTS:HOT. These memberships are given to transportation professionals who have shown extraordinary commitment to the chapter, WTS goals, and the transportation community. Board members nominate two transportation professionals each year for this honor. (This year’s other recipient was Richard Ridings, a vice president at engineering firm HNTB.)
Professional reseacher Lisa Loftus-Otway was awarded the 2011 Member of the Year Award, which is bestowed upon a member (1) showing an extraordinary commitment to the goals and growth of WTS; (2) promoting the reputation of WTS in the industry; (3) working effectively to strengthen communication among chapters; and (4) revitalizing a chapter or its functions. Loftus-Otway will also be stepping up to become the WTS: HOT Chapter’s Vice President in February 2012.
Loftus-Otway was on a nominee list with six other accomplished women:
- Migdalia Carrion (UT-Austin WTS Student Chapter President and Student Chair) of UT-Austin;
- Lindsey Liggett (Scholarship Chair) of Jacobs;
- Melissa Rivera (Membership Chair) of RJ Rivera and Associates;
- April Sandoval (Chapter Co-Treasurer) of AECOM;
- Jackie Sarter (Gala Chair) of CP&Y; and
- Cinde Weatherby (Corporate Sponsorship Chair) of TTI.